Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversion Courses

Options
  • 19-02-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any opinions on conversion courses like this and their worth? Salaries, employment opportunities etc. Would I be able to get into app development if I did this? Do companies disregard this kind of qualification?

http://www.nuigalway.ie/courses/taught-postgraduate-courses/softwaredesignanddevelopmenthdipappsc-industrystream/

I have previous Biotech and Pharmaceutical degrees but I hate my current career, been at it 5 years now, its just a boring office job no matter what you do, Id rather be doing something that interests me if Im going to be stuck in an office. Im 30 if that makes any difference...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Interesting course, I have been looking at a course myself recently http://www.lyit.ie/courses/computing/lykcompg/
    Like yourself I have no idea how it is regarded, and seeing as the big bad world of computers/I.T is so diverse Im not sure what area to study, but these courses do stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I did a number of conversion courses with a hdip and postgrad is web development and cloud computing. followed by the 4th year of a bachelors in cyber security. I came from a logistics background so it was a steep learning curve.
    While the courses gave me a good understanding of some things IT, my problem was lack of experience.

I'm now working in IT doing something different!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did the courses get you into IT though? Was there any one course you consider a "must-do"?

Advertisement