Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentine Flowers rip-off

Options
  • 18-02-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Ordered flowers from a reputable company and wasn't happy with what came (see below), can't get any reply from them via email or twitter. Where to next?

339376.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They look like they mixed a range of open flowers and buds - the buds should bloom over the next few days ?
    Did the site say anything about buds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

There's no buds. There are 5 gerberas pictures in the photo, 1 came. There are 4 lillies, none came. Nothing but filler.

Have had them since Saturday, still look terrible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

fair enough - not a flower expert! it looked like they were unopened

i don't know what comes next, i'll leave that for the consumer regulars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Nearly all the big brands use local florists so if you can't get a response through the main channels you could try making direct contact the local florist who made the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,864 ✭✭✭✭anewme

For the record, I think they look terrible and I would be disappointed if that arrived with me.

All the green is just plonked in the middle.

It looks kind of like they got a few small bunches of cheap filler flowers and placed them round the outside of the green.

I think they look even worse because they are so badly arranged, whoever put them together clearly had no concept of flower arranging and this does not help at all.

Not sure how much you paid? Have they a facebook account, that you could post there. I would write a strongly worded letter and enclose a photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was the "reputable company "an online only florist? Looking at what you got I suspect it's one I made the mistake of using before. Google the company name and reviews. I'm generally good at getting refunds for genuinely shoddy quality /service but this lot didn't care. They had my money and I had a soggy box with broken stems and lots of filler green like you. Will never use them again

Advertisement