Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhD funding with a 2.1 BA?

Options
  • 18-02-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've already made contact with a supervisor who is very happy with my proposal. My next step is to apply for internal funding. Regardless of the opinions/answers I receive here I have still obviously going to apply for funding because, well, nothing to lose from applying I guess?

But my question is, with a humanities subject like history, how likely is it to secure funding with a 2.1 in my undergraduate degree? I have a high 2.1 mind, and a first class honours in my masters.

Has any one in the same boat secured funding?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I'm in a different field, but I also have 2.1 BA and 1.1 MSc, and my PhD is funded. Obviously things like the strength of your proposal, how much experience you have and who else is applying for funding could affect whether or not you get it, but I wouldn't think that a 2.1 at undergrad level (particularly with a first at postgrad) would automatically disqualify you.

Advertisement