Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epigenetics-international

Options
  • 18-02-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone heard of this company??
    I attended an alternative health practitioner recently, who gave me a disaster diagnosis and sent me off to buy supplements from this UK webiste. Her fee was reasonable so I thought it seemed legit but when I went to buy all the supplements there was over €150 in medications!! Some of them can only be purchased from this particular company so I became suspicious...
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the set-up. I was thinking maybe the practitioners get a cut of the money spent on supplements?
    Any insights would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 episceptic

I should have mentioned - you have to give the name of your practitioner when you are buying the supplements. Hence my concern about commission

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Have a look at this page:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/spotquack.html

Then have a look at the Epigenetics International website.

See how many of the 26 things apply to Epigenetics.

I'm fairly sure there will be only one logical conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

episceptic wrote: »
    I should have mentioned - you have to give the name of your practitioner when you are buying the supplements. Hence my concern about commission

That would certainly ring alarm bells for me anyway.

Thanks a mil, I'll check that out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

I'm very curious as to what a 'disaster diagnosis' refers to when dealing with alternative medicine.

• Advertisement

I'm very curious as to what a 'disaster diagnosis' refers to when dealing with alternative medicine.

You know - numerous ailments and intolerances (some of which were contradicted by a blood test by my doctor) and a "you're lucky you came when you did" prescription for 5 different medications. €150 worth, to be precise.

So I emailed the UK company and it turns out the practitioner gets a referral fee, which is interesting as their website says they ask the practitioner's name in order to make sure you're getting medical advice and the practitioner never mentioned anything about it.

Obviously they have an incentive to put you on as many medications as possible if they're getting a cut out of it.

Who are kinesiologists regulated by, does anyone know??

There seem to be a number of different bodies...

episceptic wrote: »
    You know - numerous ailments and intolerances (some of which were contradicted by a blood test by my doctor) and a "you're lucky you came when you did" prescription for 5 different medications. €150 worth, to be precise.

So I emailed the UK company and it turns out the practitioner gets a referral fee, which is interesting as their website says they ask the practitioner's name in order to make sure you're getting medical advice and the practitioner never mentioned anything about it.

Obviously they have an incentive to put you on as many medications as possible if they're getting a cut out of it.

Who are kinesiologists regulated by, does anyone know??

There seem to be a number of different bodies...

It is obvious that this person is doing this solely to get money out of you. Small fee from him because he knows he'll get a nice be referral once you get you "medicine".

Kinesiologists are not regulated by anyone. Bunch of B.S merchants.

May I ask why you went to the alternative practice, did your doc give you any advice? My advice would be to talk to your doctor about what the kinesologist has "prescribed" (they can't prescribe anything - unless it does nothing) So hopefully the best you will get is a nice placebo, but you just don't know.

Just had a quick look at the website. Seems like the normal, vitamin minerals that you can get in any "health" shop. Seems weird this guy has to get his Vit C from the UK.

Advertisement