Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hand cranked grinder

Options
  • 18-02-2015 7:08pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a number of these units
    http://toolguyd.com/hand-powered-compact-grinding-wheel/

I've ordered one from the states but I'm wondering if anyone knows a UK or Irish supplier please?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I think you will struggle as they are pretty obsolete. The great furniture maker James Krenov used to advocate them in his books as its impossible to overheat tools with them. Most people will aspire to water cooled wheels like the Tormek - grossly overpriced imho.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

recipio wrote: »
    I think you will struggle as they are pretty obsolete. The great furniture maker James Krenov used to advocate them in his books as its impossible to overheat tools with them. Most people will aspire to water cooled wheels like the Tormek - grossly overpriced imho.

Thanks, that crowd make them in Japan. We are looking at them as they are safe , they stop moving when you stop

Advertisement