Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon deal <SNIP>

Options
  • 18-02-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

I paid for a groupon deal. Called the service provider to redeem my voucher and he asked me to fill in online details and they will get back to me in 7-10 days. I did what he said and no reply/call or acknowledgement from service provider in 10 days. So, I called again and got hold of the director of the company who told me groupon has not paid them 2500 euros worth of service they already provided to customers who bought the deal and they are no more giving service for remaining voucher holders. I had emailed groupon with exactly what this guy told me and no reply?

Any suggestion how do I get refund back? who is responsible to give me full refund.

Don't want to name the service provider or name of the person who i spoke to.

Best regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Your contract for the voucher itself is with Groupon so they're responsible for a refund
    If it's not more than 14 days since Groupon confirmed the voucher you can cancel the voucher and get a refund.
    Nevertheless their T&Cs seem to cover your situation and enable you get a refund or another voucher.
    3.9 In the event that a Merchant cannot supply and/or provide the Merchant Offering as described for unforeseen reasons, Groupon will notify you as soon as possible by email. Groupon will offer you either a new voucher with comparable benefits (if available) or the repayment of the purchase price of the Voucher.
    5.4 If you have been unable to redeem your Voucher with the Merchant before the expiry of the Redemption Period through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to a refund. In order to receive a refund, you must prove to Groupon’s reasonable satisfaction that your inability to redeem the Voucher was not your fault. The decision to grant a refund is within the sole discretion of Groupon.
    http://www.groupon.ie/terms_and_conditions/local

How long have you been waiting for a response from Groupon?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Contact your credit card company and request a chargeback for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

slimjimmc wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting for a response from Groupon?

They customer service agent replied saying he will raise my issue regarding service provider with groupon management and come back to me. That's last week.

Advertisement