Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scooter Insurance

Options
  • 18-02-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Anybody insured a scooter recently, I would have thought that the m/home crowds would do it but no. As usual we seem to be at the mercy of the insurance companies over here with all their restrictions compared to the rest of Europe!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Well my buddies have them with carole nash and aon if you've over 25 theres not much difference between a 50cc and 125cc really.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Any idea what sort of premium they were asked for?

One is paying about €550 for a 125cc burgman no idea about the other fella but he has a proper bike too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

moodrater wrote: »
    One is paying about €550 for a 125cc burgman no idea about the other fella but he has a proper bike too.

That seems expensive. I've a 600cc bike insured with Liberty for half that. A lot depends on age and experience. Chose them as they allow monthly payments which takes the pain out of it. Also can set it all up online. Carole Nash are also good in my experience. I once insured five bikes - four vintage and one modern - for the same cost as as one bike.
    There's a thread over on the motorbikes forum on insurance quotes that may be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There is 6 companies selling bike insurance IIRC, Liberty, Carol Nash, Axa, Adelaide/Cornmarket, Principal and Aon.
    Ring them and get quotes its the only way.

• Advertisement

Dexter Bip wrote: »
    That seems expensive.

Address too, he's had two bikes lifted from the drive, lock, disc lock anchor and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

CJhaughey wrote: »
    There is 6 companies selling bike insurance IIRC, Liberty, Carol Nash, Axa, Adelaide/Cornmarket, Principal and Aon.
    Ring them and get quotes its the only way.

Wasn't aware principal were in Ireland. There's MCE also, good bit of competition now in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Thanks for all of the above, I will do a bit of shopping around and see what quotes I get. 50cc Pug Vivacity, bound to be a high risk!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

digger58 wrote: »
    Thanks for all of the above, I will do a bit of shopping around and see what quotes I get. 50cc Pug Vivacity, bound to be a high risk!!!!!!

Hi. Just wondering what kinda quotes you have gotten. I'm thinking of getting scooter for commute. Public transport is very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 skippergonzo

I pay adelaide 300 euro for 2 superbikes
    thats 250 for 1 and 50 for each additional bike

• Advertisement
Advertisement