Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Toughest Trade - TV3 March 9

Options
  • 18-02-2015 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

Not very often there's anything worth watching on TV3 but part of this show involves former catcher Brian Schneider trying his hand at hurling while Kilkenny hurler Jackie Tyrrell plays baseball.

Most of the media on the show so far is focussing on the Gaelic Footballer swapping with Spurs/Blackburn's David Bentley so maybe the baseball/hurling bit will be quite small but it'll be still interesting to see. Especially when Tyrrell catches the ball without a glove which is quite routine in hurling and in other sports around the world but makes baseball commentators nearly wet themselves when a player makes a 'barehanded play'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Really looking forward to Jackie Tyrell and baseball.

I'd love to see tennis players or cricketers face a pitcher. They would be used to facing fast deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Aynone watch it?
    How did he do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Aynone watch it?
    How did he do?

It's not on until Thursday now. 10:00 I think. When they originally announced it, it was scheduled for last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Giancarlo Stanton talking about hurling on TV3..never thought I'd see the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

This needed to be done over 2 episodes , One night for football and one for the hurling swap.
    Interesting enough , Just always feel who ever edits Documentaries for tv3 is not very good.
    was surprised by Bentley.He looked a bit lost when the game started but One point scored he seemed to get into it.would have liked have seen more of the match.

Nice comments form the pitch to Jackie Tyrell, said he had the best Hand eye coordination he had ever seen.

Brian Schneider and Bentley seemed to get more out off the time spent here that the Irish lads trying out Soccer and Baseball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Joeface wrote: »
    This needed to be done over 2 episodes , One night for football and one for the hurling swap.
    Interesting enough , Just always feel who ever edits Documentaries for tv3 is not very good.
    was surprised by Bentley.He looked a bit lost when the game started but One point scored he seemed to get into it.would have liked have seen more of the match.

Nice comments form the pitch to Jackie Tyrell, said he had the best Hand eye coordination he had ever seen.

Brian Schneider and Bentley seemed to get more out off the time spent here that the Irish lads trying out Soccer and Baseball.

Yeah it did seem a bit short but I enjoyed it nonetheless. In the thread about it in the GAA forum, someone pointed out the irony of amateur hurler Jackie talking to $325m Giancarlo Stanton and that made me smile.

As I was thinking, the Americans were shocked with him catching the ball without a glove.

Advertisement