Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Friday.... in Cork

Options
  • 17-02-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

As a preamble to my request for information, and in an attempt to justify my f*ck up, I want to point I've lived in the UK for five years and I completely forgot good Friday was actually a thing.

So I've organised a stag party to Cork for the weekend of good friday. I've billed it as a messy Friday night, a Saturday at the races followed by a booze cruise back to Galway on the Sunday.

I've booked my flights and a few lads are coming in from elsewhere, so theres no real hope of changing the dates. Does anyone know of anywhere that would open at midnight in Cork City on Good Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

For some reason i thought i read somewhere before that greyhound racing tracks can still serve ? Maybe swap your plans about if thats true. Residents lounge in hotel should also be able to serve

EDIT: just found a news article
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/corkman/news/cheery-good-friday-at-the-greyhound-track-27092360.html

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chrussell2

Very helpful!

Thought I was going to have to resort to a crate of cans down the park!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Chrussell2 wrote: »
    Very helpful!

Thought I was going to have to resort to a crate of cans down the park!

Thanks

Only if you bring them yourself, offies are closed as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh D'oh!! That is a bit of a mess up... Never heard of the greyhound place being opened and if it was if ye are looking for drinks I would make sure and ask are they serving as some would open but not serve beer... I would say your best chance is the hotel bar, or just have an early night in one of the rooms. Like that though with the drink no offie is open so you would want to get the booze before ye land.. If you are badly stuck im doing nought on Friday I can nab some beers and drop them off I swear I am trust worthy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Curraheen park will be open and serving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was chatting to someone too the said the hotels will serve if you are staying there for sure

Advertisement