Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing job and buying a house

Options
  • 17-02-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Straightforward question, maybe straightforward answer. I have mortgage approval til may. I also want to switch jobs, specifically because I will get paid more elsewhere. Having 6 years with current employer is a no no to switch until mortgage is drawn down?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'd need new approval which would be very unlikely to be given. Hold out until after purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Specifically until after draw down of the mortgage.

Otherwise you could be looking to wait 6+ months in the new job until you've passed the probationary period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Thing is, there is no house yet and at current stock may not find one for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Say nothing, once the mortgage is approved they won't recheck it again at time of draw down (assuming there were no red flags to check!). I was in the situation. Ok i know it's not right but just sharing my experience.

P.S this is only in the situation were you find a house before May, otherwise don't move jobs until you resubmit a new application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

We should have full mortgage approval on a house we're sale agreed on in the next few days. I'm still on probation until the end of March. Bank is Ulster Bank and they knew this situation for the last month when we wanted approval in principle, but they waived the requirement to be out of probation with no conditions as I've been employed continuously in the same industry for years.

Been in the same industry and having a good spell of continuous employment is important for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement