Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meizu M1 Note

Options
  • 17-02-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

I bought a Meizu M1Note from Aliexpress almost 2 wks ago. The seller stated it was the FDD-LTE and TDD-LTE(China Mobile) version that I was buying.
    Yesterday i read online (Gizchina.com) a review of the Meizu M1 Note and the reviewer warn potential international buyers to hold off buying this Meizu M1 Note because the international version hasn't been launch yet. The version he reviewed was a China Mobile version and 4G would not work here. Oh crap, I thought.
    So I contacted the seller today and he said it was the 4G version I am getting. Due to my poor Chinese and his poor English, he couldn't understand what i meant when i asked about the international version of the phone. He kept saying it's 4G ready phone.
    Now i have to wait for the phone to arrive to see if the 4G would work here.
    So incase anyone's thinking of getting this phone, just hold off until there's more info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

From what I can see it should run off 1800 LTE, so you should be ok... in Dublin anyway.
    4G bands LTE 1800 / 2100 TD-LTE 2500 / 2600
    (Bands 1, 3, 38, 41)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

I hope so, that Gizchina.com review has put doubts in my head. I hate the hassle of returning goods back to China.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

There is usually 2 versions of 4g Chinese phones. Unicom and China mobile, you should be okay if you got the Unicom which always supports 1800mhz fdd 4g (along with some td lte bands) and 900/2100 wcdma. The China mobile is td only and uses td-scdma instead of wcdma for 3g.

I don't think that reviewer is correct, he just bought the wrong version. It clearly says fdd and wcdma here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Meizu-M1-Note-4G-FDD-LTE-Android-4-4-MTK6752-Octa-Core-1-7GHz/32260407365.html?s=p

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Toast93

Have you received the phone? Did it work okay? Just looking at buying one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Hi Toast,
    I have the phone for over a month now, it's a white 32G version and the 4g (Vodafone) works perfect on it. Love the Full HD screen and speed of the Meizu. It constantly scores over 40000+ on AnTuTu bench mark test. Overall, very happy with the phone and it only cost me $240.
    It did came pre-loaded with all the Chinese apps and no google play store app.It was simple enough to install all my google apps and very easy to root the phone too. Heard Meizu wil release 5.0 Lollipop for the Note around Mayish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 radekv23

if you still interested in that phone I bought it from fastcardtech.com/MEIZU-M1-Note.html?u=154453 for 170euro phone is amazing, shipping was 3weeks but worth to wait. Make sure you pay by paypal

Advertisement