Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timex m229 gpt trainer - can't get it working

Options
  • 17-02-2015 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi gang,

my wife gave me a present of a timex m229 gps trainer watch about 2 years ago.

to this day, i have never managed to get it working fully.

having said that, i have not done a lot of sport lately, to warrant actually using it in the first place.

I'm getting back into cycling again shortly and need to get this watch up and running before my wife disowns me!

I've successfully managed to get it to establish a gps signal, however, the only metric being captured while i run/watch is my instant speed. despite the device being able to measure calories/distance & heart rate( I have the HR strap fitted correctly), nothing is showing up on the display against any of the other values.

here's an image of what's actually working and not:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HSItBs02z1ZDRtZDBCVFQtUDA/view?usp=sharing

I have searched the internet, but there does not appear to be much support out there on this product.

any help getting this watch to finally working would be greatly appreciated.

thank you gang,
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

Hi,

I have the same watch and have been using it for the last two years with no issues.
    Once you have a GPS signal there is no reason for the other functions not to work.
    Do you have the most recent firmware on the watch?
    http://cat6.trainingpeaks.com/upgrading-the-timex-global-trainer-firmware.aspx

For the HR strap, this needs to be paired manually for the first time to establish a connection.
    Once it is paired it will always recognise the HR strap.

Advertisement