Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Atlanta USA €285 return SUMMER HOLIDAY DATES

Options
  • 17-02-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

There was a deal on in january flying from shannon to atlanta georgia for €350.

Its back and now the dates include June and July and its €65 cheaper this time around. I found it on http://2015holidays.com/?p=1633 two days ago... sorry I didnt tell you sooner, I was making sure I had 6 seats for my family :)

I have gone and hired a mustang for the weekend. Going to leave the kids with granny and take the woman for a ride.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Speaking as an Irish person currently in Georgia, just outside Atlanta, I'd highly recommend visiting the aquarium, biggest in the US. Bit crowded and tad expensive but it's pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭walsh08

nope not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

This tempts me greatly.

You can just book this deal through the aircanada website too or skyscanner if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

This tempts me greatly.

You can just book this deal through the aircanada website too or skyscanner if you prefer.

Thanks for posting. Just wish I could go in July. Fingers crossed for August. .

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

This includes 2 stops one in Heathrow and another in Toronto with connection times of 2 hours in both airports so good chance you could miss a connection. total travel of about 17 hours. You would be in bits by the time you get to Altanta and badly in need of a holiday especially if you are hauling kids with you. Better off in Trabolgan:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

clevtrev wrote: »
    This includes 2 stops one in Heathrow and another in Toronto with connection times of 2 hours in both airports so good chance you could miss a connection. total travel of about 17 hours. You would be in bits by the time you get to Altanta and badly in need of a holiday especially if you are hauling kids with you. Better off in Trabolgan:P

You can get to anywhere in the US from Atlanta as they are Delta Airlines's HQ. But that would mean 3 flights!

Has anyone looked at the price to Vegas for the UFC using this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Couldn't find prices anywhere near that price. Didn't check all the listed dates but the ones I did were over £800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

A 2 hour stopover in Canada is not enough time for immigration I wouldn't say. Also, check that your bags are checked right through! Long auld flight! You'll go mental if you miss one because of immigration! Then you have US immigration! Very good price but I don't think having to do both Canadian and US immigration in 1 flight is worth it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Wait. Stop. It's not a bargain. It's from Shannon!!!! 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

How long would the stop off usually take if 2 hours isn't enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

The website for 2015 holidays seems to be down at the moment.

Is there a certain day of the week you have to travel on? I'm having difficulty getting the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

FrStone wrote: »
    The website for 2015 holidays seems to be down at the moment.

Is there a certain day of the week you have to travel on? I'm having difficulty getting the offer.

dont bother with the budgetair site go to skyscanner.ie and input destination and enter month you want to go out and month you want to come back - it will display the fare by day over the month - rates were there this morning as low as 283 for June with air canada

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    A 2 hour stopover in Canada is not enough time for immigration I wouldn't say.

You do pre-clearance in London.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

How can you do US pre-clearance in London for a flight that stops in Canada before arrival in the US?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    How can you do US pre-clearance in London for a flight that stops in Canada before arrival in the US?

Sorry, pre-clearence is the wrong term. When flying through Toronto or Vancouver to the US from Europe you can fill out forms which allow you to stay in the transit area of terminal 1 of either airport when flying with Air Canada and fly on to the US without having to go through border control in Canada and you then just do normal immigration in the US.

You have t have an outbound flight to the US on the day your flight lands in Vancouver or Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

clevtrev wrote: »
    dont bother with the budgetair site go to skyscanner.ie and input destination and enter month you want to go out and month you want to come back - it will display the fare by day over the month - rates were there this morning as low as 283 for June with air canada

Thnanks. I'm able to get the flights for €350 in June, but I can't get anything cheaper than €650 in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

one more good fare - dublin to boston for 350euros (wow air via iceland though)
    http://2015holidays.com/?p=1672

Depart DUB 6 Oct Return BOS 21 Oct €350 Return
    Depart DUB 6 Oct Return BOS 12 Oct €370 Return
    Depart DUB 6 Oct Return BOS 19 Oct €380 Return
    check edreams.com for prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Boston, dam I missed that one. Who are Wow air???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The Iceland version of Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Good prices but just keep in mind that those prices only come with 5kg hand luggage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

househero wrote: »
    There was a deal on in january flying from shannon to atlanta georgia for €350.

Its back and now the dates include June and July and its €65 cheaper this time around. I found it on http://2015holidays.com/?p=1633 two days ago... sorry I didnt tell you sooner, I was making sure I had 6 seats for my family :)

I have gone and hired a mustang for the weekend. Going to leave the kids with granny and take the woman for a ride.

Any way to sign up for updates on this site, or do you just keep an eye on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

dont bother with the budgetair site

+1.
    For me, after payment their site gave an error.
    They emailed me next day saying they would refund monies in full.
    They refunded less €76, without explanation (I expect currency € to £ losses). Only automated email responses, and a premium rate number which does not get you to a voice.
    I had no prob with same vis Expedia.
    On another note, for Shannon-Heathrow-Atlanta. Is preclearance in Snn?
    There is only 2hrs transfer in Heathrow for my deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Anyone know if it is possible to book these but extend the layover in Canada for a day or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Andrea B. wrote: »
    On another note, for Shannon-Heathrow-Atlanta. Is preclearance in Snn?
    There is only 2hrs transfer in Heathrow for my deal.

US pre-clearance is only provided on direct flights outbound from DUB & SNN.

If you're connecting via LHR, you'll clear US CBP on arrival in ATL.

Both EI & AC operate out of T2 in LHR, so transfer time shouldn't be an issue.

Advertisement