Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 feul injector

Options
  • 16-02-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

the other day my 1.1 Peugeot 206 started chugging and the engine light started flashing. i had no power when i put my foot down on the accelerator. pulled in and turned off engine. started it back up was ok to drive home but engine light was still flashing. went to the garage the next day, the light was steady. the fella there used a diagnostic tool and came back and he said 'i think, I THINK it could be the feul injectors'. he said we dont do repairs and suggested a few local garages that would replace it for me. the engine light was reset and now i am wondering will the codes be erased as i want to bring it to a Peugeot dealer to get it properly looked at a he seemed unsure. i thought the dignostics tools he used would be accurate?

please help i dont know what to do now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

beccamc wrote: »
    the other day my 1.1 Peugeot 206 started chugging and the engine light started flashing. i had no power when i put my foot down on the accelerator. pulled in and turned off engine. started it back up was ok to drive home but engine light was still flashing. went to the garage the next day, the light was steady. the fella there used a diagnostic tool and came back and he said 'i think, I THINK it could be the feul injectors'. he said we dont do repairs and suggested a few local garages that would replace it for me. the engine light was reset and now i am wondering will the codes be erased as i want to bring it to a Peugeot dealer to get it properly looked at a he seemed unsure. i thought the dignostics tools he used would be accurate?

please help i dont know what to do now!

most likely he erased the code when he reset it.
    If there is a problem it will happen again and you will get your chance to go to the main dealer.
    My first thought would have been ignition coil, but when the go they dont recover

• Registered Users Posts: 7 beccamc

i wanted to find out for certain what is was as i dont want to drive it anymore as i dont want to damage it and now that the codes are gone i dunno what to do. is the diagnostic tool he hooked up not accurate tho?

i wanted to find out for certain what is was as i dont want to drive it anymore as i dont want to damage it and now that the codes are gone i dunno what to do. is the diagnostic tool he hooked up not accurate tho?

If the engine is running ok with no engine management lights on, id say drive on until it happens again. unless the car is fairly new or under warranty i would go to an independent garage over a main dealer. Main dealers are expensive

The diagnostic tool is a fault code reader. it doesnt say exactly whats wrong .it probably says there is a problem and it could be one of 5 things causing it

yea engine is ok, drove it today, was that one time. oh ok i thought it told you which part was the problem. if it is a feul injector is that a big job and would it be expensive would you say?

yea engine is ok, drove it today, was that one time. oh ok i thought it told you which part was the problem. if it is a feul injector is that a big job and would it be expensive would you say?

Most people think that about them , it just gives a problem which might have several different reasons for.
    Dont worry about it until it happens again .
    I have a fault for a EGR valve , all it took to sort it was disconnect and reconnect the plug for it due to a bad connection.

• Advertisement

9935452 wrote: »
    Most people think that about them , it just gives a problem which might have several different reasons for.
    Dont worry about it until it happens again .
    I have a fault for a EGR valve , all it took to sort it was disconnect and reconnect the plug for it due to a bad connection.

Thanks so much I feel a lot more relieved now . I hope its nothing too big. Thanks again 😊

Advertisement