Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post & Express Post Delivery Times

Options
  • 16-02-2015 9:58pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I presume An Post have something somewhere that covers them but I sent a document to the Canary Islands exactly 1 week ago today by express post. I was told it would be there in 2-3 days by the postal service. It's still not arrived. When I rang Customer Care, they advised me that there is no time-scale for delivery on Express Post.

I wouldn't have paid for Express Post if it was going to take longer, the document needed to be there by Friday last at the latest and now looks likely to be rejected on it's final destination.

I assume An Post have something buried somewhere that gets them out of refunds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Postage calculator quotes 3-4 working days for a letter to the Canary Islands by Express Post international

Of course the T&Cs state
    Delivery times for Express Post international are estimate only and not guaranteed.
    You can claim the cost of postage back if delivery is not within the quoted time (presumably 3-4 working days).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Postage calculator quotes 3-4 working days for a letter to the Canary Islands by Express Post international

Of course the T&Cs state
    You can claim the cost of postage back if delivery is not within the quoted time (presumably 3-4 working days).

Yeah thought they would have to cover themselves. Where are you seeing an option to claim it back, surely they have it covered in their T&Cs? I sent a small package to the Canary Islands before, got held up at Customs for ages. Thought a letter wouldn't have the same delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

There's a section entitled "Compensation" in the link above.

Edit : Single Piece Mail Terms and Conditions for Universal Services states compensation can be claimed for international post if delayed by at least 10 days. You can only claim for postage, replacement packaging and small additional costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If the item is critical, you really need to send it by courier. This is expensive, but it is the only service that will give reasonable confidence that the item will get there. It is going to cost you thirty or forty euros, but if it needs to be there, it's the only way, other than going yourself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If the item is critical, you really need to send it by courier. This is expensive, but it is the only service that will give reasonable confidence that the item will get there. It is going to cost you thirty or forty euros, but if it needs to be there, it's the only way, other than going yourself.

An Post advised courier would be the same delivery time, I'd have happily paid but they said it didn't make a difference!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sully wrote: »
    An Post advised courier would be the same delivery time, I'd have happily paid but they said it didn't make a difference!

I suspect he means a third party courier, e.g. Fedex, UPS, DHL - almost all offer overnight or two-day document services which are not cheap but are guaranteed to pretty much anywhere in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

An Post have an agency for DHL courier services.

It is a whole different level of service (for a whole different level of price).

It's in Spain since the 14th but no movement since. Was good courier was same time frame when I asked but its not worth 60 odd euro! Shouldn't have to pay that for a decent delivery time frame in Europe in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I don't know if this needs a new thread or post here?

But i'm still waiting for items from Xtra-vision Marketplace as it was dispatched on Tues 17th & still not arrived yet, as this only the second time, the last one didn't take long?

They're very slow to reply to emails as well & have made calls too regarding another query, but none yet on this?

Thanks.

Advertisement