Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projecting video via VGA

Options
  • 16-02-2015 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I've an mp4 file of not the greatest quality that I'm hoping to project via VGA connection. Watching the mp4 on my laptop, the quality is just about passable. Will it diminish much further on projection, i.e. 'being blown up?' Not quite sure of projection screen size but for arguments sake let's say 8 feet by 10 feet...

Appreciate any insights, I'm admittedly, and likely obviously, clueless about this sort of thing...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I suppose it can depend on the projector but they seem to scale up fairly well. Most people will probably be sitting far enough away that it won't look much worse than it does on your laptop screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If it's a low-res file it won't look better when projected and will probably lose in quality alright but as Scumlord points out if people are sitting away from it it shouldn't be too bad.

Advertisement