Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating additional entrance on a laneway that I own

Options
  • 16-02-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Unsure if this is the correct area to ask this question, but I just want to know, I own a laneway that two other people have a verbal right of way (not rights of way registered with land authority) I wish to now place an additional gate onto my own land at the bottom of my laneway... Do I need planning permission to do this or can I just place a new gate there?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

patflood wrote: »
    Hi,
    Unsure if this is the correct area to ask this question, but I just want to know, I own a laneway that two other people have a verbal right of way (not rights of way registered with land authority) I wish to now place an additional gate onto my own land at the bottom of my laneway... Do I need planning permission to do this or can I just place a new gate there?
    Thanks

Is the laneway less than 4m wide?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,252 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi,
    Thanks

will that affect the other two people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 patflood

the lane way is 4.2m wide..
    don't think it will affect the other two users who have a verbal right of way.. allowed one of those users to put a new gate onto the lane way two years ago, just want to make sure i can do it myself as well.. it will be close to the gate of another user but will not interfere with their gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

If the lane way forms part of your own property and there are no public rights of way through it or it's not in charge of the local authority, I can't see why planning permission would be necessary.

You would need to ensure that any works you do doesn't interfere with the others rights of way through

• Registered Users Posts: 6 patflood

Much appreciated rabbo…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the lane way is 4.2m wide..
    don't think it will affect the other two users who have a verbal right of way.. allowed one of those users to put a new gate onto the lane way two years ago, just want to make sure i can do it myself as well.. it will be close to the gate of another user but will not interfere with their gate.

Seek advice. A new entrance to a roadway over 4m in width may need planning. Talk to your local planner who should guide you.

Advertisement