Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A full time position for an 18 year old?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am 18 years old with a secondary level educational background living in galway city.
    I was wondering where would a person like me find any sort of full time employment.
    I understand, given the current state of the economy, this would not be an easy task. However, I am simply looking for someone who has experience in looking for full time employment in this economical climate to perhaps give me a few tips on how to do so.

I will also note that I do have experience working in a book shop, which I did as part of a work experience programme
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

First thing I would recommend is have your CV perfected, I have dumped CVs that contain typos and such as it shows lack of attention to detail.

Focus on the positives that you have to offer.

Young, Include your Date of Birth, In retail especially, youth is an advantage
    Point out your previous work experience, some is better than none.

After that there is only two main ways, Blanket places with CVs and check the Internet. Also let family and friends know you are looking, someone might know someone etc. but never have a Parent etc., ask for a job for you, if they don't know the person directly, comes across as immature etc.

When handing in CVs, be polite, friendly etc. if you come across as rude often the CV won't make it to the person it should, it ends up in the bin.

Also be well dressed, not saying suit and top hat, but don't come across as scruffy.

A Quick Google search has already turned up Dealz looking for staff. Mightn't be ideal for you but its a start and from experience, shops like that have potential for a lot of hours if things go your way

Advertisement