Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry Leaving cert Higher level

Options
  • 16-02-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Good evening,

I was wondering could anyone give me an in depth layout of the Chemistry HL layout of the exam (perhaps the topic per question for example Q1 will be titrations which there are 6 or 7 etc)? I looked online but I could only find the basic layout (1-3 are experiments),

Furthermore,could anyone provide me with a website that has the new experiment (I was told a website " chemistry.slss.ie" but it doesn't work).
    And finally,does anyone know if the old experiments can still come up on Q1-3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

LORD A wrote: »
    Good evening,

I was wondering could anyone give me an in depth layout of the Chemistry HL layout of the exam (perhaps the topic per question for example Q1 will be titrations which there are 6 or 7 etc)? I looked online but I could only find the basic layout (1-3 are experiments),

Furthermore,could anyone provide me with a website that has the new experiment (I was told a website " chemistry.slss.ie" but it doesn't work).
    And finally,does anyone know if the old experiments can still come up on Q1-3?

Why don't you go to examinations.ie and look through a few exam papers?

Section A is made up of 3 questions. All questions are based on the 28 Mandatory experiments. 1 is a titration and 1 is usually an organic one. The other one can be basically anything else e.g. water, equilibrium, rates etc. You have to do at least 2 of these questions.

Section B is made up of qs 4-11. Q4 is made up of short questions and you have a choice.
    Q5-9 can be a mix of anything. There is usually one or two questions on the first 5/6 theory chapters in the book. There is usually a question on fuels and heats of reaction chapter, usually an organic question and the rest could be rates, water, equilibrium, acid.base etc.
    10 and 11 have lots of different parts so you've a good choice. They are a mix of different things. e.g. electronegativity, more organic, bonding, radioactivity etc.
    Q11 contains the options question. Not sure if your school has covered that but if ye have its a guaranteed question.

The Phenylbenzene experiment? Its in your textbook. You can also google it. The iChemistry site is only open to teachers as far as I know?

Advertisement