Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Bank Of Ireland (BOI) - Which bank to choose PTSB / UlsterBank?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

I am with BOI for the last 10 years. First time I asked for a loan (Euro 8000) and they refused. I am in Full Time Permanent job. This is the first time I applied for a Loan and had no bad credit history. So I am furious. Also I would like to switch to a bank that offers cheaper current account. I would like to get good polite customer service.

I do a lot of ATM transactions. Also I do all the grocery shopping and all using the debit card. I also do transactions to my accounts abroad.

I have Permanent TSB and Ulster Bank in mind. Both have branches near where I live. Is switching easier? Which bank would you suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

ITguru wrote: »
    I am with BOI for the last 10 years. First time I asked for a loan (Euro 8000) and they refused. I am in Full Time Permanent job. This is the first time I applied for a Loan and had no bad credit history. So I am furious. Also I would like to switch to a bank that offers cheaper current account. I would like to get good polite customer service.

I do a lot of ATM transactions. Also I do all the grocery shopping and all using the debit card. I also do transactions to my accounts abroad.

I have Permanent TSB and Ulster Bank in mind. Both have branches near where I live. Is switching easier? Which bank would you suggest?

Hey
    Switching myself, check out KBC bank as well. Seems to be no fees on using your account not like the 40 euro magically trumpeted up by AIB that I'm moving away from.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭TestLink

Do KBC have all the facilities available with other main stream banks like BOI or AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

ITguru wrote: »

Stay away from AiB and BOI definitely.

KBC is a good choice for cashless service in the branch and for few ATM withdrawals in the quarter:
    http://www.kbc.ie/personal/currentaccount

But in your situation I would highly suggest Ulster bank, €4 a month covers everything you require from the bank
    http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/current-accounts/current.ashx
    Everything can be done over the internet and by anpost (application and cards)

PTSB loves the paperwork, too much of paperwork, so I would not recommend

Advertisement