Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit a bird with car

Options
  • 16-02-2015 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

A blackbird flew out in front of the car, just outside Celbridgearound 6am on Sunday morning. I didn't bother stopping as I was going fairly fast and assumed either I didn't hit her or that she'd have been killed.

Got to blessington 40-45 km's away, got out of the car, and there she was, stunned but not injured. Woke up started walking around and then fluttered away up into a tree.

The area of forest I was in is rotten with robins, but I've not noticed any other bird life. Will she be okay there? Or have I removed her from some sort of nest / food store/supply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If there are robins then there are other birds. She'll be fine. Unlikely to have been nesting yet.

Remarkable!

Advertisement