Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renewing vintage tax?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 8:30am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

my vintage tax is up at the end of this month. but I have not received a letter or an email asking me to renew, like I do with my daily driver. with vintage tax is the only option to visit the tax office to do this as I would rather just do it online that go que up to do it?

thanks in advance....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

go online, hit "PIN retrieval"....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I renewed mine online the other day. E mail reminder arrived.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Thanks Corktina, a trip to the tax office avoiced. My car got taxed on line :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Check your spam folder?

All mine I've either had an email for or a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

my vintage tax is up at the end of this month. but I have not received a letter or an email asking me to renew, like I do with my daily driver. with vintage tax is the only option to visit the tax office to do this as I would rather just do it online that go que up to do it?

thanks in advance....

What do you need to renew online normally you need a pin plus Insurance details but do you also need your NCT cert if younger than 1980.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

no you don't need the NCT cert, nor do you if you renew manually. Insurance details yes, but they've no way of checking the truth of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Not exactly on topic, but I find that there is very little consistancy in how reminders are being issued for the statutory off road renewals. I received renewal reminders for a few of my cars but received nothing in respect of others. The lady in our local car tax office jusr shrugged it off saying that "you would want to keep an eye on the dates yourself" and that "they are sent out from Shannon " and that "she is not familiar with the process".

Advertisement