Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowboard boots on flights

Options
  • 15-02-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi,

Anyone know of any restrictions wearing snowboard boots on a ryanair flight, or having them in carry-on, would save a lot on space. They are I suppose just slightly bigger and bulkier than normal boots. Any thoughts? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

garhuli wrote: »
    hi,

Anyone know of any restrictions wearing snowboard boots on a ryanair flight, or having them in carry-on, would save a lot on space. They are I suppose just slightly bigger and bulkier than normal boots. Any thoughts? thanks

Have seen it mentioned on a carrier's t&c it was forbidden, don't ask me which one's. Some people here have mentioned doing it, I can't imagine it's remotely comfortable though.

Just stuff them full of your jocks and socks to minimise lost space in your suitcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 garhuli

cormee wrote: »
    Have seen it mentioned on a carrier's t&c it was forbidden, don't ask me which one's. Some people here have mentioned doing it, I can't imagine it's remotely comfortable though.

Just stuff them full of your jocks and socks to minimise lost space in your suitcase.

thanks,

can't see it in the t and c's, however it wouldn't surprise me with ryanair!! boots are actually very comfortable, could easily walk around in them, but getting onto the plane is my only concern!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

garhuli wrote: »
    thanks,

can't see it in the t and c's, however it wouldn't surprise me with ryanair!! boots are actually very comfortable, could easily walk around in them, but getting onto the plane is my only concern!!

Give it a shot so!

Let us know how you get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Why would it be a problem? If they allow you to wear 12 sets of clothes to reduce the size of your carry-on, why would boots be an issue? You'll probably have to take them off at security though, which means you'll have to put them back on!

yea i was thinking the same and fully agree, but ryanair have left me scratching my head in the past. only one way to find out i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

There's no chance you get hassle for wearing snowboard boots on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zEmo23

I have seen a guy wearing snowboard boots on a Ryanair flight once... It was 3 years ago though! Anyway I just came back from Andorra and managed to pack the boots in my carry on, just put socks and underwar inside the boots and wear the snow jacket on the way to the plane...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Haven't done it on Ryanair but have done it on a flight from Seattle to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Dublin. Didn't get one bit of hassle, a few strange looks but that's to be expected.

yea thats what I'm thinking, thanks lads, i'l look like mr soft from the soft mint adverts from a few years back!!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

I have done it with Ryanair and Aerlingus - no problems. Same with Helmets.

Once I had someone at Grenoble Airport check in say that I couldn't bring a helmet on the plane with me as it was considered a weapon but I did it anyways and no one stopped me.

I find them pretty comfortable to wear so wasn't a big deal.

I think you would have more issues (both comfort and airport stlickers) with ski boots but I have no experience of that

• Advertisement
Advertisement