Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding Water tank door?

Options
  • 15-02-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts or experience in hiding a water tank door. The door leads into where the water tank and water pump is. I know we need to have access in case of emergencies but other than this this door has no other function.

The issue is that we want to put a cabinet on that wall but i realise i cant permanently plaster the whole door up. So i am looking for someone to present a solution. My thoughts are to put up a sheet of plasterboard and have it that we can screw off one side to open one side if we needed access as otherwise the cabinet we propose to put there is good to look terrible with half a door protruding at the top.

Any ideas how i can get around this? thanks

Colin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Could you fit a larger cabinet with a removable back to cover all the door, then the water tank could be accessed through the rear of the cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mchugo

The wall is 178x240 tall thanks ill put up picture shortly

Advertisement