Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted / Share] Need a room: house sharing and finding the right people

Options
  • 15-02-2015 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey forum,

In about 3 months time I have to move out of my 1 bedroom apt and look for somewhere else to rent. I am completely outpriced for renting my own one-bedroom, so I have to rent a room, living with strangers.

I've never done this before, but I'm shocked that there is no forum or database for people trying to live with like-minded people. Would this normally be done by checking out the apartments anyway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Daft.ie has a sharing section, database exists!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

There is also gumtree and the ideal flatmate group on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

Forgot about gumtree. I remember checking a good while ago but its very sparse. So is the daft.ie database.

I don't have a facebook account and I don't plan on getting one now :D I might keep stuff in storage somewhere until I settle for peace of mind. It would be great to be with like-minded people but anyone quiet and respectful would be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've edited the thread title.

Where in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

http://ie.easyroommate.com/ is another one, not sure how good it is but might do the job, I don't think daft is too bad for it tbh it does focus mostly on the property details where as easy room mate has more of an emphaisis on the person which is important for sharing.

Also keep an eye out in your local shops often ads up on local noticeboards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement