Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Subject Choice: Accounting or Japanese

Options
  • 15-02-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently in TY and we got our subject choice forms last week. We have to hand them back in less than a fortnight and I'm confused,
    I am doing English, Irish, Maths, Spanish, Physics and Chemistry. However for my last subject I'm unsure on whether to pick Accounting or Japanese. I've looked at all the courses I'm interested in and I'm covered in terms of entry requirements with 2 sciences& language so I'm not sure about my last subject . I think I might find Accounting easier to get a high grade in but my Guidance teacher is encouraging everyone to do Japanese as he thinks it will "give us an edge". I did Japanese as a 14 week module and really enjoyed it but I like Accounting too and find it very straightforward. However the fact that Irish, Spanish and Japanese orals are all on so close together is also a source of worry. I enjoy languages and numbers, and am guaranteed a good teacher in both so they aren't issues. If anyone doing one/both if the subjects could offer me an insight I would be very grateful or if anyone has an opinion on having Leaving Cert level Japanese would give me any sort of edge or advantage.
    Many thanks. :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The LC Japanese is only a 2 year course. I would choose Japanese if you like languages, but don't expect to be needing the standard of HL French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

Heya don't know the first thing about Japanese unfortunately! French is about as exotic as languages get in our school however I am doing accounting and while it can be tricky to get your head around first thing on a Monday but i enjoy the subject! It is incredibly repetitive and easy enough to do well in!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭STEEL COMET

Accounting. if your a worker and practice at the subject A1 is doable! But Japo will always stand to ya

Advertisement