Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused Service (based on race) at <SNIP>

Options
  • 15-02-2015 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was shocked and disgusted when I was completely ignored by whom I assume was the owner/barman and then told by a patron 'my kind' wasn't welcome. Perhaps <SNIP> should hang a sign out front to let people know who will be refused service. It sure would have saved me from being embarrassed in front of a crowded bar. Hard to believe Racism is alive and thriving in 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

SARCHER wrote: »
    I was shocked and disgusted when I was completely ignored by whom I assume was the owner/barman and then told by a patron 'my kind' wasn't welcome. Perhaps <SNIP> should hang a sign out front to let people know who will be refused service. It sure would have saved me from being embarrassed in front of a crowded bar. Hard to believe Racism is alive and thriving in 2015

Sorry to hear that OP. I assume it was based on your skin colour? In this day and age, I'm surprised a barman would have the stupidity to refuse someone service based on race. A complaint to the Gardai may be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Suggest you take this legal if you believe you have been refused service based on race.

example

http://www.thejournal.ie/traveller-women-win-case-against-pub-that-refused-them-entry-1270160-Jan2014/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If you have genuinely been refused entry based on your race ('your kind' could be construed in different ways tbh), you should speak to a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

SARCHER wrote: »

If we read.the post , it appears the barman said.nothing , it was a patron/customer who made
    the comment "your kind ".
    Entirely possible the bar was busy and the customer/patron single is the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Name removed to protect the venue in question. There is no concrete evidence of racism here, and if there was, it would be a matter for the Gardaí.

Closing this thread as it is not a Consumer Issue.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement