Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much roughly do college people spend on a weekly basis?

Options
  • 15-02-2015 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

if you can leave out the college tuition maintainance fee which i believe is around €2,5k p/y.

would really like to know also the amount of times people go out during the week and spend etc :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

if you can leave out the college tuition maintainance fee which i believe is around €2,5k p/y.

would really like to know also the amount of times people go out during the week and spend etc :)

My parents give me €70 per week. I spend about €25 on food (eating once in the college per week on average). I come home every two weeks generally which costs me about €35 and then I generally go out 1-2 times per week and spend €40 on that. As the figures show I fall back on some of my savings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Around €30 on food and €30 on diesel as I travel every week from Limerick to Kilkenny. I don't go out every week but when I do that's another €30 say every 2 weeks. I might eat in SPAR for a €5 once a week.

So it works out to be around €75 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I think about 60-70 a week would be average.

It could easily be done on a lot less, a weeks worth of food can easily be bought in aldi/lidl for 10-15euro. It won't be the best food, but it'll get you through.
    If you don't go out, and don't eat out/get pizza you'd easily live on 20euro a week.

Advertisement