Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure Rangemaster 110 Repair

Options
  • 15-02-2015 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a Leisure Rangemaster 110 gas range. It's probably a mid 1990s model. One of the ovens is not working and I'd like to get it repaired and the range serviced generally. I've contacted Leisure themselves who pointed me in the direction of Waterford Stanley. They don't service them. I've also contacted numerous cooker service men and none repair Leisure and say they'd have trouble getting the parts.

Any advice as to who could repair the cooker would be greatly appreciated. Other than the oven it's in great condition so I'd prefer not to have to replace.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

where are you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Hi there,

I'm in North Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

What's wrong with the oven? Not sure I'd go repairing a 20 year old cooker. Manufacturers will often produce parts 10 years after the product is released. It may not be economical

Sorry just read the last bit of your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

What's wrong with the oven? Not sure I'd go repairing a 20 year old cooker. Manufacturers will often produce parts 10 years after the product is released. It may not be economical

Sorry just read the last bit of your post

Oven gas is lighting but not progressing to full flame so it's not heating up. Everything else works perfectly. I can't imagine it's a major problem but I can't find anyone to even check it out. Replacements are in excess of €1200 and at a glance look essentially the same as my model. Would seem strange to have to replace for the sake of a single part or routine service.

It could be as simple as cleaning around the burner. The burner has a small pencil shaped device called a flame failure device, it senses that the flame is lite, if dirt or spillage gets onto this device or burner then it can mask the heat from the burner and so will not go to full flame.
    Get a paint brush and give it a clean and then try it. replacement supply and fit would be around €150/200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tina Shower

I have a Rangemaster 110 classic and it seems that the clock is not working so the ovens wont light. Any advice on what i could do.....

I have a Rangemaster 110 classic and it seems that the clock is not working so the ovens wont light. Any advice on what i could do.....

Not working or on auto. If the clock is on auto cooking it wont work. If the clock is not working it requires a new clock or the clock can be bypassed.

Thanks, I think I will try bypass the clock for now.

Not working or on auto. If the clock is on auto cooking it wont work. If the clock is not working it requires a new clock or the clock can be bypassed.

Hey, I have the control panel off the cooker and I am ready to join the wires together to bypass the clock. I just want to make sure I am going to snip the right wires.
    I have heard that there is two blue wires? I have one blue wire and two brown wires that are togheter. Which ones should i join.
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

OMG !!! Thats so ominous !!

Is that the LAST message in this thread ??

Its like a a McGyver episode !! Blue wire or brown wire ??

Oh somebody please TELL ME !
    What happened to Tina Shower ??

Did the oven explode ??

Did our hero survive ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement