Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to Cheltenham

Options
  • 14-02-2015 11:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

24 more sleeps :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Cheltenham is brilliant but the one thing I hate is the Friday evening when its over and the next Cheltenham is a year away. What other festival has its entire races priced up a month before and NRNB nearly 2 weeks before. It seems after the Tuesday and Wednesday there is more of the festival gone than is left and we are near the end of it. A massive part of the festival for me is the build up and the potential of what could happen during the festival itself. That Friday evening after Cheltenham is a bit like St Stephens Day for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Can't wait now. I'll agree with the gutting feeling on the Friday , except Weve luck boxed that grand annual a silly amount of times since we started going 8-9 years ago. Leaving with a winner dulls the pain, but the luck will even out and at some stage we'll be heading home penniless..

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

The end of Cheltenham means its not long till Aintree! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Anyone going over? I didn't think i'd get over with work and it's still questionable whether i will but looks like i'm going to be quiet enough on the Tuesday and would probably end up watching the races on my Laptop anyway so i'm contemplating going over for the day and back that evening,has anyone done it before and would it be tight with flights/trains etc. and how early and late flights should i get if i do go?

Usually when i go i go on the Monday and take my time and have a Pint at every stop along the way so never really paid attention to timing :o Would it be possible to get a flight at about 8 in the morning and one home about 8 or 9 that evening without a crazy bit of panic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

It wood be possible but not sure you'd enjoy the day on a clock. I certainly woodnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

2 weeks, cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

Yes not long now been going to cheltenham since 1979 but stopped going three years ago too expensive and imo not as good as when it was three days and soon as the building work is complete it will go to five , also the bookies are now accountants not there to take any risks,but still a good spectacle if you pick and choose your races

Advertisement