Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TYR Wetsuits

Options
  • 14-02-2015 9:48pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I notice B2R are having a bit of a sale on these, am planning on getting a new wetsuit pre-IM and don't really want to be limited to just one brand if I can get from another brand that fits better but €300 of the 'Cat 5' looks a good deal!
    Anyone got one? Opinion on them as a brand...planned to wait till closer to racing in case I lose more weight but I doubt I'll be getting one bigger than XS anyway...only smaller I can go is a boys one :o

Those who know wetsuits...whats the difference between Cat1, 3 and 5?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Don't know anything about the categories, but I have a TYR wetsuit (R2 I think). No real issues with it - sometimes the zip wont come down as quick as id like (can get caught up with the Velcro pad). I think that this is more down to a poor operator though. It is durable and I've had it now two seasons and maybe a few nicks requiring the oul black witch to be sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I had a Cat 3 and loved it. However, after only 5 wears or so the glue came away on the seems and you could see down to the stitching. The shop I bought it in just wanted to glue it for me. Apparently it was a common occurrence and they'd glued loads of them. I was none too pleased with that. I eventually got a replacement but haven't used a TYR since.

Advertisement