Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawings/Plans for Bakery/Retail Shop

Options
  • 14-02-2015 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,

Im just about to sign a lease for the next 10 years on a unit that has retail planning.
    I have checked with the local council if i need to change the planning from retail and they say i dont as i will be selling my products and coffee in my shop and its not as such a cafe.

Anyhow im looking to get design & drawings done for the unit that shows my equipment in the best place possible for the bakery and the retail shop so i can give to the builder to work from.
    I have most of the equipment already and know all the measurements.

I have contacted some architects already and get the impression from them that they dont want to take on a small task like mine.
    Some never replyed to my emails or calls, and others fobbed me off with over the top prices.

I would be greatful of your advice and help....
    Many thanks

SD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

Is the unit part of a newly built retail development - if so the management company should have details of architects who worked for other tenants.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is there a fire cert and DAC for the unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 silverdawn

No its not part of a retail development at all, its an independent stand alone unit

Hi kceire,

As far as i know there is none of the above certs with the unit, it has been a good number of years since it has had a tenant in it.

silverdawn wrote: »
    Hi kceire,

As far as i know there is none of the above certs with the unit, it has been a good number of years since it has had a tenant in it.

Then keep your eyes peeled for recently completed works local to you. Start your searches there - i.e. ask those units who they used.

• Advertisement

OP not needing permission for change of use is only the start of list of regs applicable

- Fire Safety Certificate
    - Disabled Access Certificate
    - BER Certificate (that has to be provided to you by the seller)
    - Safety File - (that has to be provided to you by the seller. What used to be called one time the maintenance file)
    - if you intend your own signfront - that needs planning permision
    - fit out works will need to comply with building control Regulations.
    - fit out works will need to comply with Health Safety and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations.

The best small country in the world to do business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Is your builder a shopfitter? If not he won't get a good result like a shoofiter will who has the knowledge of layouts, what needs to be done etc.

Is your builder a shopfitter? If not he won't get a good result like a shoofiter will who has the knowledge of layouts, what needs to be done etc.

Was thinking using a builder, but now you have me thinking in the line of shopfitter. I have looked at a few online and prob seems the better way to go...

OP not needing permission for change of use is only the start of list of regs applicable

- Fire Safety Certificate
    - Disabled Access Certificate
    - BER Certificate (that has to be provided to you by the seller)
    - Safety File - (that has to be provided to you by the seller. What used to be called one time the maintenance file)
    - if you intend your own signfront - that needs planning permision
    - fit out works will need to comply with building control Regulations.
    - fit out works will need to comply with Health Safety and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations.

The best small country in the world to do business

Yeah i know its a lot of brain melting trying to get up and running...... I never expected it to be easy as then everyone would be at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Was thinking using a builder, but now you have me thinking in the line of shopfitter. I have looked at a few online and prob seems the better way to go...

I'm a shopfitter that works all over the country if you want to send me a PM ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi kceire,

Double check the fire cert drawings as the occupancy factors and fire load factors may have been with a fixed furniture layout. You need to make sure you are not altering this layout then from that.

Advertisement