Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Anxiety

Options
  • 14-02-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I have previously suffered from anxiety and mix that with the leaving cert and I am beginning to have panic attacks and no sleep . I say my mocks last week and I worked extremely hard for them (10 hours at weekends ) , I study all the time and began studying during the summer . I am very hard working . However I find that in exam situations I make stupid mistakes and errors and I cannot stop thinking about them . I don't know what to do . Can anyone give me advice or has been through this themselves ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Hi I have previously suffered from anxiety and mix that with the leaving cert and I am beginning to have panic attacks and no sleep . I say my mocks last week and I worked extremely hard for them (10 hours at weekends ) , I study all the time and began studying during the summer . I am very hard working . However I find that in exam situations I make stupid mistakes and errors and I cannot stop thinking about them . I don't know what to do . Can anyone give me advice or has been through this themselves ?

You're not alone in that. I often look back on things and say "wow I'm really stupid for having done that", like missing a section, misreading something etc. Alot yourself time at the start and end of exams for reading the paper and your answers.

Did you do Mocks for your Junior Cert? I remember being quite stressed for JC mocks but when it came to the real thing I was a lot better prepared, and it was about half as stressful. I'm focussing on that reality to get me through everything.

Advertisement