Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip company refuses to collect skip

Options
  • 14-02-2015 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

3 weeks ago I ordered a skip from a Dublin skip company (will not name). After about 6 days of using it, I called them to collect it. Ever since that day (2 weeks later), the skip remains in my garden. I called numerous times to which they said they will collect in a couple of days and just hang up. It has been paid and I have a receipt. I don't want a refund I just want the skip gone. Is there anything I can do to make them collect their skip? I find it difficult to understand how such a business retains customers.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Name and shame the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Is it too full or are they just being lazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭greasepalm

is your place easily accessible like if big truck sent it could get it? i had issues needed a smaller truck with lifting gear for skip bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭scuderia

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Is it too full or are they just being lazy?

The skip is up to the normal limit. They haven't even seen it full, so I doubt that's the reason.

greasepalm wrote: »
    is your place easily accessible like if big truck sent it could get it? i had issues needed a smaller truck with lifting gear for skip bag.

Yeah, ordered skips from other companies before and had no issues. The one time I find a cheaper deal, I get this haha. Won't be going for cheaper any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Ring the council and let them know your situation just in case you get a litter fine if anything blows from the skip. The council may contact the company as they may be in breach of their waste collection permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

set it on fire, ring them say someone set it on fire and youre going to sue them if they dont take their skip off your property!! ;)

LUZ wrote: »
    set it on fire, ring them say someone set it on fire and youre going to sue them if they dont take their skip off your property!! ;)

Makes sense. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Effects wrote: »
    Name and shame the company.
    Mod: OP, do not do this please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I heard that they leave it there till they have another job for it, one trip to collect, dump, drop to new site. Also saves them storage space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Tell them kids are playing on it I have do this many times and its picked up very quickly .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Doom wrote: »
    I heard that they leave it there till they have another job for it, one trip to collect, dump, drop to new site. Also saves them storage space.

In that case, start charging them for storage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

could another skip company pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭greasepalm

hammond lane removals:D:D

Doom wrote: »

That's ridiculous. It's been over 2 weeks that I first called them. I'll contact the council on Monday and see what they have to say.

Advertisement