Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 14th February

Options
  • 14-02-2015 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

A few of interest:

Opening Batsman Wincanton 13:55
    Milansbar Haydock 14:20
    Mountainous Haydock 14:55
    Across The Bay Haydock 15:25
    Polar Kite Lingfield 16:15
    Noverre To Go Lingfield 16:45

Managed to return a 10pt profit from two places with yesterdays picks, we'll see how they go today. There was a small bit of discussion in yesterday's thread about posting some reasoning for selections instead of just naming a horse. I tend to just profile horses to find ones that have previously performed well in conditions similar to today's race. The class and going are usually the first things I look at, then course and distance. They'll also usually be close to or below they're last winning mark. The anomaly today is the lightly raced Milansbar who runs in a grade two for the first time, this could prove a step too far but the two horses rated ahead of him, Seeyouatmidnight: off the track for almost a year and At Fishers Cross: without a win since April 2013, I'm willing to take the risk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Whosthis wrote: »
    A few of interest:

Opening Batsman Wincanton 13:55
    Milansbar Haydock 14:20
    Mountainous Haydock 14:55
    Across The Bay Haydock 15:25
    Polar Kite Lingfield 16:15
    Noverre To Go Lingfield 16:45

Managed to return a 10pt profit from two places with yesterdays picks, we'll see how they go today. There was a small bit of discussion in yesterday's thread about posting some reasoning for selections instead of just naming a horse. I tend to just profile horses to find ones that have previously performed well in conditions similar to today's race. The class and going are usually the first things I look at, then course and distance. They'll also usually be close to or below they're last winning mark. The anomaly today is the lightly raced Milansbar who runs in a grade two for the first time, this could prove a step too far but the two horses rated ahead of him, Seeyouatmidnight: off the track for almost a year and At Fishers Cross: without a win since April 2013, I'm willing to take the risk.

In going for Seeyouatmidnight. At Fishers should be a flat horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Nulty wrote: »
    In going for Seeyouatmidnight. At Fishers should be a flat horse.

That's probably the wisest choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Rajhdani express with the hood on to help him settle is overpriced in the big race at Ascot(Had a big write up last night but clicked 'x' on the wrong tab and lost all :mad: )

Good hurdle at Gowran today with Abyssial,Tiger roll and Kitten rock, i'd say the winner'll run in the Champion hurdle(unless it's Abbysial with the ammo they have) Kitten rock's about 4/9 which i think is very short despite his current wellbeing and i might lay him if he goes any shorter.
    If Champagne fever goes to around 1.5 i'll lay him too,that race has 2 or 3 that could beat him and i wouldn't be very surprised, a clear round will be 1st priority for him.
    At fishers cross is short in his race over the sea too but i like him so won't be laying him and i hope he sorts his jumping but unfortunately i don't think it's his technique that's the problem rather something pains him every time he goes to take off :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Rajhdani express with the hood on to help him settle is overpriced in the big race at Ascot(Had a big write up last night but clicked 'x' on the wrong tab and lost all :mad: )
    Nonrunner

Maybe all the better :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Mizbah e/w in the last at Meydan

Fancy Ruby to win the race at Ascot

Can see champagne fever / kitten rock / at fishers cross getting turned over at short prices (not all but maybe too) no interest in those races for me.

Zafayan to put his hurdle experience to good use in the maiden at Gowran

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really impressed with Ainsi Fideles there, jumped super. One for Aintree perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Was Champagne Fever impressive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Fever jumped well, was never extended at all was very easy.

What do you do with AFC now

At Fishers Cross very disappointing again. What next with him one wonders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Was Champagne Fever impressive?
    I would have to say so. Never under pressure at any stage despite the heavy going. I get the impression it would go even better over decent ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Fever jumped well, was never extended at all was very easy.

Thought the last 2 jumps were bogey myself but yeah never under pressure. I reckon his jumping is going to cost him again down the line.

I don't know what to make of his performance,jumping was good in the main and won cosily but Bright New dawn ran no race and Texas jack hated the ground and Meade admitted beforehand he was only running because they were there and he had no race in the near future as he's not going Ryanair.

Poor At Fishers cross is hurting,should be retired :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Sound backed Fever at 8/1 NRNB for the Queen Mother he might go off 6/4 when Sprinter Sacre drifts out to 8/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Abbyssial was coming to win that, I thought.
    He deserves a crack at the Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Faugheen's form was criticized a bit when he beat Blue Heron but he's won a Grade 2 well enough there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Balder Success is a classy animal. Very under rated. Has to be Ryanair bound now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Faugheen's form was criticized a bit when he beat Blue Heron but he's won a Grade 2 well enough there.

Kept finding plenty, a couple of times it looked like Irving was going to collar him but he just kept finding.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Balder Success is a classy animal. Very under rated. Has to be Ryanair bound now.

Really like him but not sure about at Cheltenham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Shemale wrote: »
    Kept finding plenty, a couple of times it looked like Irving was going to collar him but he just kept finding.

To qualify this I had no bet, but I thought Irving was put off his rhythm by the winner veering into his course more than once.

• Advertisement

Jon Stark wrote: »
    To qualify this I had no bet, but I thought Irving was put off his rhythm by the winner veering into his course more than once.

Not for me, happened twice and he had loads of time to get by, if he was the better animal he would have won today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

I'm pretty certain always lion is going to win the 4:50 at Ascot. I didn't really rate diamond kings chances earlier and I'm hoping Jason Mcguires reason to bypass some rides at haydock was to ride this horse. Definitely reds form lines are very strong having finished close behind him in a Cheltenham bumper C1.
    Looking through these form lines I also think Native River has an outstanding chance in the albert Bartlett. There is no way paddy power should be offering 40-1 and I think this one is below the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

ste2010 wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain always lion is going to win the 4:50 at Ascot. I didn't really rate diamond kings chances earlier and I'm hoping Jason Mcguires reason to bypass some rides at haydock was to ride this horse. Definitely reds form lines are very strong having finished close behind him in a Cheltenham bumper C1.
    Looking through these form lines I also think Native River has an outstanding chance in the albert Bartlett. There is no way paddy power should be offering 40-1 and I think this one is below the radar

Wait for me must be a serious horse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

ste2010 wrote: »
    Wait for me must be a serious horse

Was thinking the same. Fancied the second horse on form. Was plenty of money for the winner this am. To do that to a field of winners first time out is very impressive. Sit up and take note of whatever Hobbs sends out in the last on Wednesday next month at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Gringo180 wrote: »

Yeah, but wouldnt back him at Cheltenham, very form form around there and loves his small fields which he might not get at the festival

Advertisement