Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree question

Options
  • 13-02-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm currently doing a computer science level 7 part time degree, and I'll be going onto do the level 8 hons part time over two years next year. My average is currently sitting at 2:1. Is my 2:1 only counted for in my final year of the level 8 hons, I.E my level 7 is irrelevant with regards to the GAMSAT

I have a Diploma also in Quality Management, 2 year course. Does this effect me in any way as I notice it was a 2:1 in your 1st degree, I dropped out of quality management to pursue computers.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

sheepnshiv wrote: »
    I'm currently doing a computer science level 7 part time degree, and I'll be going onto do the level 8 hons part time over two years next year. My average is currently sitting at 2:1. Is my 2:1 only counted for in my final year of the level 8 hons, I.E my level 7 is irrelevant with regards to the GAMSAT

I have a Diploma also in Quality Management, 2 year course. Does this effect me in any way as I notice it was a 2:1 in your 1st degree, I dropped out of quality management to pursue computers.

Thanks in advance

Only Level 8 degrees count. It doesn't matter that you dropped out of a Diploma, or what results you got in the Level 7 portion of your degree.
    You should ask your college how your overall degree grade at the end of the Level 8 is calculated, as that will be the one which is relevant when applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

You will still have to present all of your original transcripts for all years that you obtained your level 8 Honours degree so keep the results transcripts from your level 7.

Advertisement