Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lug Walk 2015

• 13-02-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

The Lug Walk 2015 will take place on Saturday 20th June. It's 52k with 2307m total ascent and will be organised by the Irish Ramblers Club. Further details will be available in due course. Here's a video of the route from last year. It will not change for 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRV0kut-OFg

Here's a slideshow of the Jubilee Lug Walk which passes through the entire route from beginning to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snd3Jq8MmjU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Officially signed up to this! Can't wait for the torture (again!!).

Here's hoping we have a good day with no injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

You describe it well - torture!

Gravale wrote: »
    You describe it well - torture!

It is tough going but it really is an epic challenge. An amazing feeling when you complete events like this.

I'm signed up but am having knee trouble at the moment. I may decide to give it a miss if things haven't improved. No point in making things worse. I've done the walk eighty-one times so far.

I'm signed up but am having knee trouble at the moment. I may decide to give it a miss if things haven't improved. No point in making things worse. I've done the walk eighty-one times so far.

:eek: is all I can say!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Are you a memeber of The Ramblers Club? If so, can I PM you question regarding club membership?

Yes, ask away.

Yes, ask away.

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Hi
    Is anyone aware if a GPX rout is available for the walk .
    Regards
    Blackvalley

Yes, private message me with your email address and I'll forward the file to you.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all who helped out with the Lug Walk yesterday.

An epic event. My legs are hurting but I don't regret one second of it!

You're very welcome. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paddyman38

Thanks to all the orgainisers of the event to and all the stewarts on the checkpoints. thanks also tom for information you gave me ,Had a very good day in the mountains. my legs just started to go going up lug and couldnt stay with karl, but finished in 9:15, which was still way better than i taught i would do.
    Thanks again tom

Well done, Paddyman. That was an excellent time. Here's to 2017. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CodyCottage1947

I've completed the Lug Walk 88 times. On one occasion I did it 3 times back-to-back, Thursday evening to Saturday evening.

Triple Lug

(1) 1999 (June 17th 8pm) 14hrs 6mins (solo) 

(2) 1999 (June 18th) 14hrs 58mins (solo)

(3) 1999 (June 19th) 14hrs 35mins (Club Lug finished 8pm)

Advertisement