Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multisport watch or sport specific gadget

Options
  • 13-02-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Not sure if this has been covered recently, I am looking for a bit of advice/options. Looking to purchase something for training/races, but not sure which would be best - multisport watch such as the Fenix 2/920xt or sport specific gadget -run - garmin 620 or similar, cycling - garmin egde 500 or similar, swim - garmin swim. Any insight would be helpful or if anyone has either of these and would recommend/ has been in the same position regarding what to purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

What do you want to do with it?

At this stage most of the multi watches are doing the same as the individual parts just on smaller screens (in instance of cycle computer)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I'm not sure it makes economical sense to buy 3 watches for sbr. 1 multisport should be sufficient.

Personally I got sick of mounting the watch, etc on the bike so I bought an Edge 500 for the bike. I use a 910 for swim & run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

My advice would be to get the 920xt. If you have nothing already, then that will do everything you need. You will see great benefit from the fact that you can now review and quantify your sessions with data. 920xt is new on the market and will likely be compatible with any future gadgets you may or may not end up buying (PM, compu trainer etc etc).....

Advertisement