Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RST Customer Service!

Options
  • 13-02-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

This is why I love RST products, they really stand behind their products and look after their customers!

I bought the RST Tracktech Evo Water Proof boots around 2 years ago. Still water proof today but about 6 months ago one of the screws that holds the toe sliders in place fell out and I lost it. The toe slider was in good condition so I just needed the screws, couldn't find the right one anywhere local and didn't want to buy the whole toe sliders just for a screw.

I contacted RST directly from their website asking if they could send me a few replacement screws.

I got a knock on the door around 10 minutes ago from a UPS delivery man. the box was pretty big for screws so I thought it was another delivery...I got a very nice surprise when I opened the box, not only did they send me 4 replacement screws but a brand new set of toe sliders with an additional 4 screws!!!

If thats not good customer service I don't know what is. Thank you RST! :D
    oDbzdKKl.jpg

botyRstTractechEvoWp.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Yeah I've had to get RST gloves and boots replaced a couple of times and even out of warranty they took them back with no questions asked and sent brank new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Yeah I've had to get RST gloves and boots replaced a couple of times and even out of warranty they took them back with no questions asked and sent brank new ones.

That was exactly my experience no hassle what so ever! I will definitely continue to buy RST gear, good quality, great price and excellent customer service! Can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats great to hear that there are still companies that provide good aftersales service.
    Too many think that once you are out the door any problems are no longer theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Out of interest were can you buy RST leathers/boots online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thats great to hear that there are still companies that provide good aftersales service.
    Too many think that once you are out the door any problems are no longer theirs.

Yep, Oxford still refusing to replace my jacket even though it was leaking during the warranty period and they were notified during the warranty period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lots of places.
    M&P for one.
    Even eBay worth checking.

I have always used www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk - hassle free return policy if you need to change for sizing or you don't like it etc. and also they do great discounts usually and match competitor prices. I have went in to few brick and mortar shops and they are always much more expensive, plus the few shops that I am aware of that do stock rst have not got great reputation for customer service, only go in there to try on for size :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Nice one getting the boots fixed up. Ya gonna just wear them around the house for the next few months? :p:p

goodlad wrote: »
    Nice one getting the boots fixed up. Ya gonna just wear them around the house for the next few months? :p:p

I'm going to be allowed out a lot sooner than a few months :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Great stuff blu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Great to hear that RST are doing the bizzo, I had a similiar experience with scottoiler. Very good company to deal with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Good to see that kind of service.

Must say though I bought a pair of RST "waterproof" trousers once. They were like a bloody tea bag. Have not bought anything RST since.

Yeah I had them RST boots too and only 4 mths later fell to pieces. The only RST stuff I love are the leathers and Textiles, gloves and boots I dont rate TBH. But thats just me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tzardine wrote: »
    Good to see that kind of service.

Must say though I bought a pair of RST "waterproof" trousers once. They were like a bloody tea bag. Have not bought anything RST since.

Same here, not worth a sh*t in the rain and swore I wouldn't touch RST again. Which is a pity because its good looking tack.

I have the Paragon II series and I have been caught in very heavy rain for hours and no leaks, even on Sunday I was out and got caught in heavy rain for about 30mins in the leathers and bone dry which is unusual TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Robbie. dub

Great to hear a story like that these days! I have always bought Dainese and lately Richa but will think again now!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Never had any problem with my RST textiles in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Likewise I never had a prob with there textiles but I find the water gets in on the elastic above your arse on there leather trousers

Have there boots the past 3 years and there still as good as new and never let rain in either

Overall very happy with the rst brand and will definitely purchase again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have the Paragon II series and I have been caught in very heavy rain for hours and no leaks, even on Sunday I was out and got caught in heavy rain for about 30mins in the leathers and bone dry which is unusual TBH.

They're the pants I have, I love the look of the jacket but based on how bad my pants are I've avoided going for the jacket.

I've a jacket which must be 25years old and still waterproof (its actually never been washed lol) which I'd like to retire as its showing signs of a tough life now.

I bought the pants from some stall at the RDS show, if I'm tempted to go for the jacket (and I'm still tempted) I'll go to a reputable retailer.

They're the pants I have, I love the look of the jacket but based on how bad my pants are I've avoided going for the jacket.

I've a jacket which must be 25years old and still waterproof (its actually never been washed lol) which I'd like to retire as its showing signs of a tough life now.

I bought the pants from some stall at the RDS show, if I'm tempted to go for the jacket (and I'm still tempted) I'll go to a reputable retailer.

If and when you do get the jacket spray it with the waterproof spray from aldi\lidl. Its only 2 euro and gives the jacket another layer especially around the stretchy areas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement