Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cask Festival

Options
  • 13-02-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

anyone seen a listing of whats on for the Fran Well Cask Festival this weekend ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's been a bit of a last-minute scramble it seems. Hopefully there'll be one this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Listing & prices on their FB page now..

https://www.facebook.com/franciscan.well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wish I was going :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Nice! Is that Chilli Porter available anywhere in the big smoke? [edit]L. Mulligans according to Beoir.org[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

dregin wrote: »
    Nice! Is that Chilli Porter available anywhere in the big smoke? [edit]L. Mulligans according to Beoir.org[/edit]

Very nice too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

If anyone is heading to this today try Beoir #2 and Black's Hi Vis before they are gone. Definitely highlights of the festival.

The pistachio and vanilla porter was excellent. High vis was very good too, wasn't in there long enough to try more unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Says on their facebook page all cask pints are €2.50 today :eek::eek:

Gonna head down in a little while.

Had an enjoyable couple of hours there yesterday.
    Dungarvan blonde was the best of what I had...followed by Mountain Man Green Bullet
    Metalman Pale Ale, Rising Sun Changeling decent...
    wasn't too impressed with Torc's 5 Malt Dark Ale.

Arrived early and unfortunately gone before the prices dropped to 2.5 a pint.:(

Had an enjoyable couple of hours there yesterday.
    Dungarvan blonde was the best of what I had...followed by Mountain Man Green Bullet
    Metalman Pale Ale, Rising Sun Changeling decent...
    wasn't too impressed with Torc's 5 Malt Dark Ale.

Arrived early and unfortunately gone before the prices dropped to 2.5 a pint.:(

Do you know which Dungarvan Helvic you had, the when two, with different cask Hopping.

• Advertisement

oblivious wrote: »
    Do you know which Dungarvan Helvic you had, the when two, with different cask Hopping.

Didn't know there was 2...
    The listing that Fran Well put up on Fri has "Dungarvan Helvic Gold 4.7%"...
    If it helps, I had it about 4pm on Sun and nearly certain that it was still listed the same.
    Sorry...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

oblivious wrote: »
    There was no indication posted up that there was anything different about the casks. I suppose it was written on the barrel somewhere.

BeerNut wrote: »
    There was no indication posted up that there was anything different about the casks. I suppose it was written on the barrel somewhere.

Bit of a missed opportunity there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

The Kinsale Model T Stout was absolutely gorgeous! Beer of the evening for me.

Advertisement