Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mylan Baldoyle, Inhalations and Gérard labs. What are they really like to work for?

Options
  • 13-02-2015 6:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. I have been getting a lot of calls from recruiters in relation to a company in Dublin. Mylan in Baldoyle specifically, which appears to be close to Malahide.Today alone I received 4 calls from separate agencies about the same type of role!! It's certainly good to see an upswing in the job market and so maybe this is the ideal time for a career move.
    However I have learned to be skeptical of recruiter sales pitches and done a lot of recon on this facility as of late. It certainly seems on paper to be the type of place where all my skills would be utilised. Saying that, I been made aware of certain drawbacks to working for the organisation. Can anyone clarify this for me?
    What iv heard is the place is bursting at the seams, with both employees and work throughput. Continually expanding but into an already full industrial estate. Cramped working conditions, long hours. An element of reactionary blame culture. Institutionalised permanent staff and second class treatment of contract workers, particularly non Irish. Through colleagues and networking someone knows someone who has worked or works for the Baldoyle facility.
    I would normally be skeptical of rumours and hearsay. Every company has its disgruntled present and former employees. But I get cold called quite a bit by recruiters for roles at this facility, often for roles completely mismatching my skills. From my experience, engaging with ineffective recruiters to fill roles indicates an air of desperation. Although a move from rural Clare is appealing am I walking into a hornets nest with this particular company?

Further clarification would be great as I seem to be mostly encountering negative perspectives with my own enquiries. On the flip side I hear generally better things about the Mylan Spiddeal facility but the rural aspect is what I want a change in!
    Thank you.

Advertisement