Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How & if to block/unblock Window Vents in Apartment

Options
  • 12-02-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We've just moved into a new apartment, most of the windows have vents at the top of them which were covered over by the last tenant with towels, tissue or foam inserts. Before moving in some of the rooms were painting due to mould which I believe is largely due to the last tenants covering the vents.

I really want to make sure the vents are working properly to avoid mould so I've removed the towels and tissue but I'm not sure if the foam inserts could have been part of the original design? Does the foam allow some ventilation or should I remove the foam.

I've put some photos here -> postimg.org/gallery/38171x7vg

Also, I see on Amazon there are trickle vents for sale. Are these used to place over existing vents so that you may close them when you wish?
    amazon.com/Window-Trickle-Vent-White-Large/dp/B003CKQP40

The vents in our windows are about 80cmX2cmX2cm

Advertisement