Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post From China Takes Ages When It Reaches Ireland

Options
  • 12-02-2015 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I bought some stuff from aliexpress and used the china post. The items should only be small packets. When I looked at the tracking that is available on the aliexpress website, it said that the items arrived in Ireland within a week of being shipped out, but I still have not got them 2 weeks after they arrived in Ireland. Why is it taking so long, is it customs or what?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

SW98 wrote: »
    Hi, I bought some stuff from aliexpress and used the china post. The items should only be small packets. When I looked at the tracking that is available on the aliexpress website, it said that the items arrived in Ireland within a week of being shipped out, but I still have not got them 2 weeks after they arrived in Ireland. Why is it taking so long, is it customs or what?

Can you track them on the Anpost website? once they reach Ireland you should be able to track it. They should be deliver the next working day unless it needs to clear customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I wonder are they concerned that the items are counterfit and are trying to establish that before releasing the item. Otherwise I would wonder if the package got lost within An Post. Try ringing th customer service number with the tracking number and they should be able to help (be prepared to ring a number of times before you get an answer).

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

...used the china post.........items arrived in Ireland within a week ......

I've ordered countless items from aliexpress and others Chinese vendors using China Post Air, and they have never arrived into Dublin in less than three to four weeks.

What is the exact status that is showing for the consignment on Aliexpress ?

I've ordered countless items from aliexpress and others Chinese vendors using China Post Air, and they have never arrived into Dublin in less than three to four weeks.

What is the exact status that is showing for the consignment on Aliexpress ?

Same as me most parcels take over 2 weeks from when they leave China but recently they been faster and arrive in about 1 week, I had a parcel arrived during the week, according to tracking left china on the 31st arrived in Ireland on the 9th, faster than others in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

The exact status showing is ''arrived at Ireland airport''.

• Advertisement

The exact status showing is ''arrived at Ireland airport''.

I seen that before in 1 of my parcels but was sent with YANWEN, still took another 1 week after that.

Is the format of your tracking RG111111111CN? maybe the 1st 2 letters are different but finishing in CN, if so it's china post.

Below is an example of 1 of those parcels YC387268445YW I got it on the 16th.
    Destination Country-Ireland
    2014-12-08 00:00 Ireland Arrive at Ireland Airport-(Yanwen's Track End)
    Original Country-Yanwen[YC387268445YW] To China Post Air Mail[YC387268445YW]
    2014-12-07 00:00 BeiJing Handled by Airline,Flight No. EK307
    2014-12-06 00:00 Beijing Internationg Mail Center Prepare to Dispatch
    2014-12-05 00:00 BeiJing Arrived at Beijing Internationg Mail Center
    2014-12-05 00:00 Beijing Internationg Mail Center Received
    2014-12-03 20:00 ShenZhen Despatched from ShenZhen Yanwen Sorting Center
    2014-12-03 18:00 ShenZhen Arrived at ShenZhen Yanwen Sorting Center

nava wrote: »
    I seen that before in 1 of my parcels but was sent with YANWEN, still took another 1 week after that.

Is the format of your tracking RG111111111CN? maybe the 1st 2 letters are different but finishing in CN, if so it's china post.

Below is an example of 1 of those parcels I got it on the 16th.

Got some of my stuff today - 3 weeks exactly since placing my order. Also on one of my orders it said that yanwens track end was when it arrived in Ireland and then on the rest it said the track end was when it was handed over the bejeing air mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Have some stuff "arrived at Ireland airport" on the 16/03, Yanwen tracking only goes that far though.

Would have expected to receive it by now.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Have some stuff "arrived at Ireland airport" on the 16/03, Yanwen tracking only goes that far though.

Would have expected to receive it by now.

Ya I don't really know what goes on. The Yanwen track ends when it arrives at "Ireland airport" on some items and then on other items it ends when its handed over to Beijing post. But when it reaches Ireland it takes a ridiculous amount of time to arrive. Very annoying.

Am used to waiting on stuff, and have had this sort of thing before but usually it arrives within a week of reaching the 'Ireland Airport' stage.

• Advertisement

Is there any way of tracking it once the Yanwen track ends.

I don't think so, it doesn't track on the normal anpost tracking. I think it is not a 'recorded delivery' service that they use so no signature is required when it gets delivered.

It will probably show up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is there any way of tracking it once the Yanwen track ends.

not until it actually reaches An Post.

Normally is not trackable once it reaches Ireland, but I don't think when we see "arrived at Ireland airport" it's actually in Ireland, if you look at the dates they are too close to make it all the way to Ireland on normal postage.

Ah I think I see the problem, the flight number EK307 actually goes to DUBai not DUBlin.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek307/

Same flight number as on your one so it is probably in Dubai at the moment!!

Ah I think I see the problem, the flight number EK307 actually goes to DUBai not DUBlin.

I can' t even get a flight number.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek307/

the flight number doesnt really tell you when the package was shipped. Flight numbers on the same route are reused

the flight number doesnt really tell you when the package was shipped. Flight numbers on the same route are reused

The flight number and the date though, indicate that it went on EK307 on that date, unfortunately it looks as though mine (and Nava's) went on EK307. His on the 07/12/14 and mine on the 15/03/15

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement