Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good shop to buy weights, resistance bands etc?

Options
  • 12-02-2015 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for where to go to buy these? I've been firing away on my own and instead of going into Argos or tesco I want to be able to talk to someone who knows what I would be looking for based on what I am doing at home.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just going to say aren't Lidl or Aldi doing the resistance bands, and kettle balls.. Don't think you would get them cheaper.. If you want to talk to someone just call into one of the sports stores no and ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Yeah thanks, I don't really like wasting people's time in shops if I'm not intending on getting anything at all! It's more what sport shop have people who know what they are talking about !

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ok , so where are you with the kettlebells, what weights are you using ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Maher's on Maylor st. their staff will be able to tell you pretty much exactly what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

That's great thanks!

Don't laugh, I have only gone from 1.5 to 2 to 3 kg dumbells but at about six weeks, the 3kg I only bought 3 weeks ago but I feel they are not as challenging and I know in a week or two going to have to amp it up a bit. Exercise wise, Tabata style bodyweight, bit of cardio and dumbells on YouTube. Kettle Bells may be out if they involve swinging around as I usually have small kids milling around so resistance bands I think and heavier dumbells.

Will deffo go into mahers

• Advertisement
Advertisement