Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the things that spell it out but more organised

Options
  • 12-02-2015 2:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

There is a lot of things that spell out how silly religion is. I am not one for structure but I do think here is the place to bullet point all the little problems with religion.
    I'm not talking about how sex is the snake in the bible or how heaven has never been found by nasa. I'm talking bout the real evidence about how it's man made.
    Isis story:::: a mother who lost a husband yet had a baby later and claimed the baby was the husband.This story then became a jesus born by god and becoming god story for religion. No sex involved.
    The way religion was used as a battle cry for Jews telling how they fought every battle with God on their side.
    How Christianity became the new Judaism with the new testament. I am not an eloquent debater. I am not great at remembering. I have been inside out with a family that thinks it is tradition to be a religion if you are irish. I would love a bullet pointed forum for them to read through.
    Not that any of them go to mass but are still worried about my kids not being christened past 4 years of age.
    If the galaxy had a creator would he punish the fella who claims to speak for him? He would probably be too busy curing something horrible if he could be bothered though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyone got a use for this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Comparing biscuit brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That seems unoriginal at this stage. C'mon people put those heads together and come up with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Hawaiian Pizzas: The King or Queen of Pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

How about: the organisation of spellings.

Or: the spelling of organisations.

Here are some: AI, AAI, IAAF, WHO

Carry on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Turtwig wrote: »
    That seems unoriginal at this stage. C'mon people put those heads together and come up with something.

Kirk vs. Picard? Why Sisko curbstomps both of them without even bothering getting out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

OP asked about bullet points in fairness. Not biscuits or pizza or trekkie stuff. Bullet points.

I have a personal favourite here (the dotty diamond one), and I'm a bit gutted I can't find the feckin' thing on the 2010 Word.

bullets3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Does Uptown Funk really give it to ya?

Discuss.

(I believe I have to hit my hallelujah according to mssrs Mars and Ronson)

Consider it hit.

Frito wrote: »
    Does Uptown Funk really give it to ya?

Discuss.

(I believe I have to hit my hallelujah according to mssrs Mars and Ronson)

Consider it hit.

Yes! Hallelujah! Have you seen this? Funky teacher :cool:

^^^^^ don't believe us just watch!

• Advertisement

Shrap are you a fan of the genre? I'm not familiar with it but I can't stop playing this song!

Frito wrote: »
    Shrap are you a fan of the genre? I'm not familiar with it but I can't stop playing this song!

I have Mark Ronson's first two albums because I liked his mixing style and superb production of songs (notably on the "Version" album with Thom Yorke, Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse, but he even made Robbie Williams sound good), but I'm actually a bit tired of the smoothed out, slightly anodyne funk. I like all dance, but I like it a bit grimier usually!

This is a fab cover of "Toxic" from Version I think, so if you like Uptownfunk, this is a good bit slower, but you'll get all that Ronson production slickness!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I still don't get how Mark Ronson gets credited for producing songs on the same level as the performing artists, but then again I have no idea what separates him from the average producer.

I did listen to Version but didn't really get into it. I always had this idea that Ronson liked a retro/old skool vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Shrap wrote: »
    OP asked about bullet points in fairness. Not biscuits or pizza or trekkie stuff. Bullet points.

I have a personal favourite here (the dotty diamond one), and I'm a bit gutted I can't find the feckin' thing on the 2010 Word.

bullets3.gif

Ah no, it's gotta be the right-pointing arrow. Makes you seem more assertive.

And nothing wrong with the good old big black dots, either.

I always feel like the dotty diamond one makes it seem like the presenter is overthinking the issue.

I still don't get how Mark Ronson gets credited for producing songs on the same level as the performing artists, but then again I have no idea what separates him from the average producer.

He has great musicianship to be fair. Writes most of the music for the songs, specifically for the performing artists and mixes them with funk and hip hop beats - he pulls together all the right musicians for his mixes and makes it all happen. DJ's are kinda seen as musicians these days. Think electro-swing. Sometimes they don't murder the old song/melody and manage to make something thoroughly modern and exciting out of it. I don't see Ronson as very exciting though. Too mainstream for me.

I always feel like the dotty diamond one makes it seem like the presenter is overthinking the issue.

You're possibly quite right. Now I look at it again, it's like what you'd see on a school ethos where you want it to look decisive yet vague, with room for various interpretations. Amazing how important bullet points are really! Well done OP! Great discussion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Ah no, it's gotta be the right-pointing arrow. Makes you seem more assertive.

And nothing wrong with the good old big black dots, either.

Numbers are good, too. They make it look like you're building your case progressively from point to point, even when you're just doing it randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The tick marks are worthy of note.
    Tick: we take state money for paying teachers.
    Tick: we only admit the right sort who can afford a few grand a year for school fees and "voluntary contributions".
    Tick: we make sure to include vague references to respect and equality while keeping the riff raff out.
    Tick: we make sure we can perpetuate an elitist system by ensuring a school place is available because your dad went here.

Advertisement