Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Cheltenham 2015

Options
  • 11-02-2015 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

How do ye people usually travel to the festival? I'm trying to get the travel sorted early and am running into tons of different options and just wondering what other people travelling from Ireland do when heading over. Plane to Bristol and coach seems to be a good option, but it's a lot of travelling especially when I'm trying to get in and out of England on the same day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Bristol and Birmingham are much of a muchness. Options from the airport include taxi, train or bus. Taxi is the quickest and will work out as cheap as the other methods once you can fill a cab.

I've done the day trip a good few times you should be fine for time presuming the flights are early / late.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I went to the festivel for the first time last year.i Flew to bristol and stayed there for the first two days.The train takes about an hour and then there is a free bus from Cheltenham Spa station which takes about half an hour.I didint book any train tickets in advance.Hope that helps

Advertisement