Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Dressee

Options
  • 11-02-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a solid oak kitchen dresser that i want to move to a different wall as we are getting a stove fitted on the wall it is currently at.

When we move the dresser there will be a radiator on the wall. Is it possible to alter the dresser design so as to allow the heat to escape.

Pamela

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Its easier to move the radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pixie26

recipio wrote: »
    Its easier to move the radiator.

What would be involved in moving the radiator? Would i need to rip up floor tiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Depends which was it's piped in to be honest. Could you change it to a different type, like a vertical rad so it's not as wide and there's room for the dresser and the rad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

'Hiding' the radiator with the dresser will make it less efficient.
    You can move a radiator by running the pipes along the skirting board but it doesn't look good.
    Its not a very big job digging up a channel to bury the pipes - assuming you can get replacement tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If the dresser is solid oak it wouldn't be a good idea to have a radiator behind it, as oak is very susceptible to shrinkage/expansion as temperatures and humidity change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

Is the stove to be fitted in the same room as the radiator in question, if so will you need this rad at all and could it be removed and the pipes capped?

Advertisement