Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending Lease Early

Options
  • 11-02-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

An oft told tale.

Am currently under lease until for another 6 months but have just signed the deed on a property and plan to move shortly.

I am a decent sort (I think), and don't want to leave my very decent landlord in the lurch - am happy to continue paying rent until he finds a replacement, and will forfeit my deposit which should more than cover the cost of advertisement.

Would welcome comment on whether that is fair toward the landlord or otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Try find someone to assign the lease to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

OP,

Is your current property located in an area with high demand for rental properties? If so, landlord will have no issue re-letting.

You would be liable for any days/weeks the property is empty. Landlord might also deduct cost of prtb registration and posting an ad on daft as well.

Best thing is talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think it's a long way more than fair. Advertising won't cost the LL your full deposit (unless it was tiny)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Talk to your landlord. Come to an agreement that you're both happy with. No need to break out the law books if there's no issue.

Advertisement