Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AnPost Dublin to Donegal

Options
  • 11-02-2015 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

How long does it take to receive a standard letter by post from Dublin to Donegal. I posted a letter with the normal stamp since on Wednesday 4th February 2015, my friend still never receive the letter. Anyone experience this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

20784 wrote: »
    Hi,

How long does it take to receive a standard letter by post from Dublin to Donegal. I posted a letter with the normal stamp since on Wednesday 4th February 2015, my friend still never receive the letter. Anyone experience this before?

Thanks

I've experienced things sent in the opposite direction not arriving

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

McGaggs wrote: »
    I've experienced things sent in the opposite direction not arriving

I don't get you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

20784 wrote: »
    I don't get you right.

I have not received, in Dublin, letters sent from Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Since christmas an post seem to have gone very slow with deliverys in general ive noticed some letters taking a week to arrive.

Also have had two customers complaning that there mail had been returned to them with my address not found stamped on envolope to them. The building and address has been in place since the 70s and never had this problem before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find most letter post is received within 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Depends on whether you posted before the latest posting time for that letterbox, but most letters posted on time are delivered next day.

It also depends on the clarity of the address - good handwittten addresses and printed addesses are read by auto readers and will always get delivered ontime.

Others are sorted manually and this is where errors can be made.

I posted the letter from Drogheda post office to Donegal since on 4th February 2015 and its already 4 working days now. The receiver never receive it yet. Don't know whats happening. It was normal post with normal stamps on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

What size was the letter in question? could it be that it was too big for a normal stamp as this does slow things down if the correct stamp is not on it.

Was it more than 50 and dimension wise was it A4 size or smaller? Just querying as I've has that in the past where an Post delayed the delivery to me as the sender had incorrectly put the wrong stamps on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Was it more than 50 and dimension wise was it A4 size or smaller?

Just to clarify that the weight limit for the standard stamps is 100g now, not 50g, but the price changes once the size goes above A5:

Up to 100g A5: €0.68
    Up to 100g A4: €1.20

Thank you everybody, my friend just told me now he just received the letter. Thanks i really appreciate you all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement