Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leica Total Station TS12 DXF Map Ref line

Options
  • 10-02-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi, I need a bit of help. I have a TS12 with a CS10 logger which I want to use for setting out. The problem I am having is I am unable to select or create a Ref Line for staking out. The TS 12 is quite different to the TS09 which im use to.

Basically, I want to upload a simple DXF of the Site to the Total Station, and be able to select any line and use as a Ref Line to stakeout. So Far ive uploaded the dxf to my job (I imported it & attached it to cad files in job properties, or should dxf go into a DBX Folder??).
    When imported, The drawing is positioned in the correct place, I can select a line but cannot make a Ref Line out of it.

(I could painstakingly tab in all my points manually, but it would be so much more effficent if I could just use a map to stake out)

Can someone point out what I am doing wrong or explain correct procedure, Thank you

Also
    I want to stakeout some points, but the TS Stakes out "to total station" i.e Bearing and Distance, how can I switch to the Ortho Method (Northing Easting).

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tommy100

anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kun aguero

not awfully familiar with that leica. i had a 1202 robotic on hire for awhile i cant remember the controller name, was one of the older ones though, an rx something i think. anyways it was a good machine but couldn't take dxf's well at all and just froze. i ended up just creating points and manually making ref lines as needed through "stakeout-refline-2points".

anyways i use a trimble s6 now with a tsc2 controller and much easier and does a lot more things i want.

i use dxf mainly now and data transfer is easier.
    with the trimble, when you selected the dxf in job properties, you also had to select the layers you wanted to display. the you selected either to display the layer, or display it and make it selectable. once it was selectable, you could set out from it.

i use a good engineering forum in the uk for any setting out problems i have

engineeringsurveyor.com

its really good and there are some very good regulars on it with a wealth of knowledge all willing to share. a lot of folks on it use leica too so they will help you out quicker than anyone. give it a go you wont be sorry.

im new to setting out myself (ish) and i have no one to help me at work so it was a real God send to find it.

hope this helps.

best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Have you got the refline app loaded? It is a extra that usually has to be paid for.
    Once you highlight the line you can then long press with the stylus to get the options list and choose "import". This will create a point at each vertex of the line. Highlight the start and end points of the line you wish to stake and then long press once more. Select " create line".
    Highlight this new line, it should be black, and long press again. Select "edit" to see what the new line number is. Navigate to stakeout plus, then stake to reference line. Choose the new line and stake out chainage and offset by paging over to map view.
    When in stakeout mode you can press fn then config to change the orientation of the stakeout to "from north".

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

Unfortunately Leica's business model involves charging for simple software that you need to use the Total Station. Leica's argument is you have can the kit cheaper and tailor the software to what you need.

Compare that to the Trimble TSC2 or TSC3 controllers you get all the stuff you need to get on with the job already installed under general survey. Need to measure rounds of angles? No problem its there, need to set out with reference line? no problem.

Need to set out using reference line with Leica? Did you purchase the software module? Need to measure some angles? Did you purchase the software module?

Leica needs to realise that you can't keep charging the customer for General Survey tasks, its daft and otherwise cripples a perfectly good piece of kit.

Advertisement